- Deliverables also known as goals should be specific and measureable. As goals are met within a project, your deliverables become clearer. Deliverables should be known as mini goals. Once all your deliverables are met, your project is complete.
- Goals and objectives go hand in hand with deliverables. A goal and an objective are mini deliverables that are part of a bigger accomplishment. Such as filming a commercial. I am not going to get it all done at once. I set myself small goals to accomplish and over time the main objective is completed because I met all my goals and objectives.
- Project requirements are things that the project has to have in it or done by a certain time frame. There are many different requirements that could go in a commercial. But one of my main requirements is to have it accomplished by March. So now I know I only have so much time to get it done.
- Critical success factors are requirements that are the most important. These factors are requirements that are have to be in my commercials to be considered a success. You could look at critical success factors as a deliverable.
- Assumptions are a way to presume that certain things are going to happen. Such as in my project, I assume that everything will go as planned. But that assumption more than likely will not work the way I am planning it. So I have to ready myself, so if thing go off plan I can be prepared for it.
- Constraints are a big concern for the film industry. Budget constraints are the biggest reason for bad films. Those films that had budget constraints could not get the right actors, editors, animators, and so on because the money that was given to them was not enough.
- Project scope is the baseline of the project. The project scope of my project is the assumption that I’ll have enough people to interview for the commercials. The constraint and critical success factor of my project is the amount of time I have to get it done. The goals and deliverables are to finish my project in small bits at a time to achieve the end objective without driving myself insane.
- Project scope statement is a combination of everything that is in the project scope. By taking all that information and applying it into a statement is the project scope. My project scope statement is to create five commercials that show why ITT Technical Institute is a great place to go to college.
- Project scope management is looking out at all the information and managing everything as it is in the process of being made. Such as deliverables, managing the goals that are set to make sure thing are sticking to the schedule. The last thing you need is to get off track and now the project is getting behind.
- Communication plan is the means to communicate the deliverables and assumptions to everyone. You have to be able to communicate the requirements to people to keep the project on track. The communication and mangement are work together.
This is an article on how to make a commercial in 6 steps. It helps break down the steps in a simple format. From the director to the final product and from a script writer to an editor. It helps give small bits of information.
This website is the same 6 step system but is explain versus being listed. Most commercials have the same 6 step system. They talk about explanation of the commercial to editing the film.
This article talked about creating the perfect team and developing the creative mind. Commercials are to have a creative way to get your point across to the viewer. It provided few commercials from a few directors that were an expert in that field.
This article talks about the 5 steps in making a commercial. It doesn’t talk a lot about details of the process, but gives some straight insights on the process.
This is talking about how to make a commercial for a website. It talks about prices and certain ways to make a commercial. It also talks about design to get your exact message across the viewer.
This article explains the simple 6 steps procedure.
This article talks about the cost it would take to make a commercial. It was talking about the cost of a commercial on ABC and NBC with during the Super bowl versus ESPN and CNN. Company’s spend $3 million plus for a 30 sec spot. Yet you can buy a spot on ESPN for a fraction of the price. It’s interesting that you some cost so much more than others.
This article talks about how to write a script for a TV commercial. It explains that when making a script for TV that you should say it, explain it, and then repeat it to drive what you’re advertising into the viewer’s brain.
This article talks about how your music and video must work to gather or it will not make any sense. Such as; you would not have a song singing about death with a video playing that promote life.
It talks about how to interview a person. There are many ways to interview a person, but there are only a few ways to interview someone to get information toward a commercial. It talks about being direct and have your questions for the commercial ready to fill in as you interview someone.
This website believes there is only a 4 step procedure in interviewing someone.
In this article they talk about having to ask the right questions, whether it’s face to face or on the phone. They say a phone interview can be the most difficult means of an interview.
This was a very interesting article about six steps to take to keep myself from screwing up an interview. A couple of the tips they gave me was to not have questions that will make the interviewee answer yes or no. And they also talked about that when the interview is done, make sure I review my answers to make sure I didn’t mess up and answer.
This is just a place where I went to, to get a little information out what commercial industries are good at making commercials.
This blog is someone let people know what commercial artist of video production should be in a binder that is given to the clientele and the company that is going to produce the video.
This is an article about questions that should not be asked during an interview. You don’t want to the interviewee in a bad and uncomfortable situation. I liked this article!
This article gives me 10 essentials to use to budget a TV commercials.
This is a website that talks about what angles are good to shoot TV
commercials. They say a neutral angle showing the relationship between subject and reporter is a good angle. Even though my commercials will be just the interviewee.
It talks about what to wear during an interview. They talk about how certain clothing will look blotchy on camera and you shouldn’t wear glasses because they will elect light.
This website talks about what colors or thing not to wear on a TV interview. They say that white shirts and dresses are not good to wear because they will be a lot brighter than they appeared. They also say that big bling and jewelry will be distracting.
They say 10 questions are to most you want to ask in order to get the best answers.
This person’s website talks about the amount of people that it takes to make a commercial.
This website talks about 7 sure steps to make a successful TV Commercial.
This is a website that talks about what makes a good slogan. In a slogan you want to make it catchy.
They talk about slogans and taglines and how they should stick. The said that you want to make the listener directly link your slogan to your advertisement. A successful slogan will have people remember you or your company.
This is a diagram of what my Project will look like in a step by step procedure.
For my course project I am choosing to five ITT Techniacl Institute TV commercials. ITT Technical Institute is a technology school that is looking for a new contractor to create new commercials for the Swartz Creek campus. They are looking for a new slogan in which they can create posters and other promotionals using the new slogan. I am going to create five ITT Technical Istitute commercials to help bring in new students. These commercials will interview a variety of students varying in age, sex, and ethnicity to get the sense that ITT Technical Istitute is for everyone and not just for the few. Each commercial will have a current student or graduate of ITT Technical Istitute telling the viewer’s why he/she chose ITT Technical Istitute and what they like about the school and their experience while attending their classes.
• 5 TV Commercials
• New Slogan
• New ITT Technical Istitute Commercial look
ITT Tech’s age demographic for the typical student is a male between 25-50 years of age. The goal is to make ITT Technical Institute a place where students want to be and get and education.
These commercials will show how ITT Technical Institute changed the student life. It is suppose to make you as the viewer feel like you understand the student being interviewed and want to have success also. It is going make viewers want to come to ITT Technical Institute.
– I am going to interview 3 males and 2 females.
– 3 people that are close to graduation and 2 that have already graduated.
We must move forward to gain life experience